By Lisa Moseley
What are 10 different ways to share your faith?
My Hope with Billy Graham encourages participants to reach out to people around them and engage in meaningful conversation as a catalyst for sharing the hope and love found in a relationship with Jesus Christ. One-on-one conversations will be the root of this relationship evangelism outreach.
Maybe you already have friends and family that you aren’t sure how to share your faith with. Maybe it’s a hairdresser, bank teller, neighbor, or co-worker that you want to get to know better. There’s no better time than the present to start a conversation.
The Apostle Paul tells us in the book of Philippians that we should put others ahead of ourselves (Philippians 2:3). By putting aside our insecurities, self-doubt and pride, we can begin to invest in others and take the first step in sharing our faith in Jesus Christ with others.
Here are the top ten ways submitted that YOU are sharing your faith:
10. Just go up to people and talk to them.
9. Call store clerks and wait staff by the name on their name tag and it will initiate conversation.
8. Random acts of kindness.
7. Reach out to mothers through a local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group.
6. Join a support group, and adopt someone facing a similar situation that you have previously walked through.
5. Walk your dog and engage in conversation with the people your dog attracts.
4. Stand on a street corner and hand out free coffee.
3. Observe what items people in your life frequently use, and then crochet those items into a gift for them.
2. Carry Christ-centered children’s books or tracts around and give to children in waiting areas or at pharmacies. Parents are appreciative!
…and the #1 most creative way to share your faith is:
1. Walk your pet alpaca in the city park — which opens all sorts of doors for conversation and sharing!